Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tall Ships and Zen Hussies

GREAT day today. I went to the Maritime Festival in the docklands along the Liffey today. It was lots of fun... kind of like the Shrimp Festival in Fernandina. I walked along the arts and crafts booths, saw lots of flowers and plants, ate a yummy sausage dog that was too humongous, did some great people watching and heard a fantastic live band. They are called the Zen Hussies, and they are a jazz band. They're from Bristol in the UK, unfortunately, so I may never see them again. I love seeing real bands like that - they had a trumpet and a sax and the big bass and guitars and the singer was so goofy. It was fun. While I was walking across the bridge, I saw four kids jumping into the river. They were wearing wet suits and had drawn quite a crowd. I'd have to say the boys were around 12-14 years old? It was weird. I'd never heard of anyone swimming in the Liffey before. Here are some photos of the day:







2 comments:

Julie said...

The best thing about Spring is festivals!!! Sounds like you had a fun afternoon. What is in the third photo...cactus?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed My bands music, we had a wonderful time in Dublin and I'm sure we'll be back sometime in the near future.