Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend

Friday night I ate a wild boar pizza at Miller's on Baggot Street and drank a pint or two at The Waterloo - probably the nicest pub I've been to. It was beautiful inside with high ceilings, perfect lighting and not too much of a crowd. And... that was about the most exciting my weekend got. After battling the shower to get hot water for a few hours yesterday morning, I finally gave up and headed out. I found a shortcut to the grocery store I like on Rathmines Road, which runs parallel to Ranelagh Road. It's a good thing I found a shortcut, too, because my shoulders actually HURT today from carrying the load of groceries I bought there yesterday. I'm talking serious pain. After that I was exhausted, so I lounged around and did laundry the rest of the day.
Today was even less exciting. I went up to Grafton Street and bought some travel toiletries and a guidebook for Edinburgh. I had a headache brewing all morning and afternoon, so I went home and took two ibuprofens and a long nap. More laundry.
That's all folks!
This Friday I have tickets for the 'Taste of Dublin' festival. It should be fun, but I have to make sure I'm home early enough to get a good night's sleep before Edinburgh. I have to leave my house at 4:45 to be on time to the airport!!

No comments: