Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not again....

I had a terrific morning today. I was walking out the front door to head toward the bus stop when I was struck in the upper pants leg with BIRD CRAP!! 33 years I managed to avoid bird poop, and have been hit twice in one month all of a sudden. So I headed back in to correct the situation and decided that cleaning off the pants was a better option than changing outfits at that point. So I whipped the pants off, cleaned them with dish soap and water, then headed back upstairs to use the hair dryer to dry up the spot. I needed to do this because the spot was literally right beneath the crotch area, and I didn't want to appear as if I'd wet my pants. It's worth mentioning here that the placement of the bird poop was a miracle in itself. HOW DID IT GET THERE???? So in the midst of my pants drying efforts, the hair dryer died. Please believe I was cursing at this point. I cut my losses and left the house at a high rate of speed. I was now in serious danger of missing the bus. I power-walked faster than I may have ever walked in my life, and saw another girl that rides my bus run past me (confirming the fact that I was in serious danger of missing the bus). I literally stepped onto the sidewalk as the first folks were getting on the bus.

So I was off to work, feeling soooooo 'lucky' (I'm beginning to doubt the whole bird poop is lucky theory). I arrived and settled in, and found an e-mail in my inbox, pointing out a note I wrote in the highlights for the week, which are distributed to just short of everyone in ML, called "Department Abassador." Seriously??? When I checked my submitted highlights, I found it had been spelled correctly. Somehow during the editing process, the spelling had been changed, therefore making me look like a complete idiot. I am such a stickler for good spelling! Anyway, nothing I can do now. It's out there.

The day got better, despite its rocky start. It's all about laughing when you feel like crying.

No comments: