Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Edinburgh is Fantastic!

I have returned from Scotland, and I'm happy to report that my trip was wonderful! It went off without a hitch. The flights were fine, the b&b was the best ever (breakfast was GREAT and the hosts and environment even better), and I loved the city of Edinburgh. Best of all, I received no 'good luck' from any bird during my trip. Scottish birds must be kinder than Italian and Irish birds. I visited museums with art and museums with history, and even The Childhood Museum. I ate haggis, saw huge cathedrals, heard plenty of bagpipes, climbed a few hills for great views of the city, toured castles and a Georgian home. I even went on a ghost tour that took me UNDER the city and into the vaults! On the last day, I went on a tour of the Scottish Highlands, given by a Scot wearing a kilt - very authentic. I am working on getting all the photos captioned and loaded to share. In the meantime, enjoy a fine sample of the best.


No comments: