Sunday, May 4, 2008

Phoenix Park and Dublin Zoo

All those people who laughed at me about summer and warm weather are crazy. I was hot today!!! It started out rainy and overcast, but cleared up to a warm 70 degree day. I went to Phoenix Park, which is larger than Central Park in New York but quite similar in other ways. It seemed the whole city was there today. There was a 15-minute line to get in to the Dublin Zoo, which is inside the park. If you google map Phoenix Park and Dublin, you will see that the park itself is almost as large as the City Centre!

I think the zoo must have been busy because of the new baby elephant (you can see him lying down for a nap in this photo on the right).


The monkeys were really up to it today - they were almost all out and about in their areas and I didn't see any of them sleeping. I got some great pictures of them.





It was a lot of fun seeing all the animals, and even though I was hot, I think most of the city probably thought today was the best day in Dublin's history. It really did shape up after the initial showers this morning. I have been very lucky with the weather and my sightseeing. Keep your fingers crossed that I keep my good luck for my trip to Rome in a couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a balmy 90+ degrees in Jax...I'm sure you don't miss this weather...but we miss you :)