Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Library

I walked over to the library last night and it was kind of a long walk, but it was fun. It's on Rathmines Road, which I'd never seen before. It was a pretty busy street with lots of restaurants, a few pubs and even a few big shops on it. There's a Tesco, which is the closest thing to Walmart or Target here, and Dunnes, which is a department and grocery store. I also saw a pretty big park that was filled with people enjoying the late sunlight. I'll walk back over there this weekend to investigate the area further. I had quick and simple success in getting a library card, which was shocking to me since nothing else like that has been easy. I checked out three travel books and walked home with a heavy purse and a big smile on my face. The walk made me wonder what other great neighborhoods I haven't seen in Dublin. It's a good thing we have *another* holiday on Monday - three days off to explore unseen sights!

No comments: