Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Guy on the bus

So, this morning we were cruising along on the free shuttle bus when we made a stop to pick someone up and I heard the bus driver yelling "This is a private bus, off you go!" I looked up to see a VERY dirty, VERY drunk old man ambling down the aisle. The bus driver carried on, I guess not knowing what else to do. The man started doing something that sounded like preaching, standing in the aisle about 2 seats up from me. I heard "kids" and "teach" and that's about all I could understand. I could smell the alcohol on him. Then he began to sing - again, I couldn't understand, but every few verses he would yell "PATRICK!" and "in the name of Jesus Christ." Not that I didn't feel very sad for this man, but my main concern was that I hoped he wouldn't throw up on me. A few minutes later, as everybody stayed very focused on their ipods and newspapers, he rang the bell for the bus to stop. The whole thing was very disturbing. I kept thinking about getting off the bus, but he was blocking the aisle. It's never happened before since I've been here and I hope it doesn't happen again. Not much that can be done to control it, I suppose. I feel sorry for the guy he got on with! If he gets on again tomorrow, I will probably NEVER sit downstairs on a bus again. I guess things like that can happen in big cities. The only other scary thing I've seen was a lady wandering the street calling out random names really loud. One of the names was "ANGINA!!!!!!!!!!" That was weird too. Oh, and one time I saw a boy riding a galloping horse down a regular street. At least it's not boring!

No comments: