Monday, March 8, 2010

The Latest in Jax

I've been settling in OK. Busy busy, as expected. Deep-cleaned the outside of my house on Saturday, car shopping on Sunday, have taken several loads to Goodwill and sold some of my books. I did a huge grocery shop tonight and shouldn't need to go back for some time.

I am enjoying the weather. It's been sunny nearly every single day, bar a few drops of rain during a couple of mornings. It's been a bit colder than most people would like, but I'm fine with it. It's a nice transition prior to the scorching heat that will undoubtedly be here before I'm ready.

I do miss Dublin. I miss wandering around on a Saturday and feeling OK about staying in all day Sunday because of rain. I miss my Dublin pals and my favorite Dublin munchie spots. And I know it sounds funny, but I miss the "old" of Dublin. There are so many buildings there that have been around forever and I miss walking past them every day. It's amazing even being near things like that.

However I am, as mentioned, I am settling in alright. It is really nice to be around old friends and family, and back with my awesome dog Sadie. It's as if she doesn't even remember I was gone! See? That's why dogs are the best. They love you no matter what you do. Even if you move overseas for two years they still love you.

No comments: