Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scratches in the Night

I'm on very little sleep, people. Last night I was awakened by who knows what at 1 AM, and kept awake by something in my wall just scratching away. Managed to fall back asleep at 2 AM somehow, and was awake again from 3-4, just listening to the maddening scratching. I got up and closed the bathroom door because I was convinced that whatever it was would have scratched its way through the wall and ended up inside my bathroom by this morning. I guess I thought it could scratch/eat through tiles too. Not likely.

But I really want to ask: would you be able to sleep once you heard something like that, and if it continued? Would your eyes stay closed and would your heart slow back down? Would you drift back into sleep? I could not. Half insane from sleep deprivation today, I decided this nocturnal activity could not continue or I will go insane for real. I went to Lowe's and bought some poison packs and threw them into the crawl space just before sundown. Here's hoping that solves the problem...

No comments: