Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Haircuts

I've had my hair cut twice in two days. Yes, I finally got up the nerve to dispute a bad haircut. It makes a difference when you pay as much as it costs in Dublin to get a haircut and it doesn't turn out well. The first cut was last night and was... uh... blunt. The fringe (bangs) were cut straight across and the rest of my hair was all one length too. No shape whatsoever. In addition to the great results, the cutting method was insane. Literally, insane. The girl actually hurt me trying to even up the length on the sides when I told her the left side was nearly an INCH longer than the right side when she thought she was done. She was combing my hair down SO HARD over my ears that I'm really surprised there weren't marks. And she was moving so fast that she was out of breath!!! I had asked for a wet cut and I guess she partially blew it dry to check her work. So I thought maybe when I washed it and blew it dry myself this morning it might look better. It didn't. So I called the salon this morning and I told them who I was and they said "Oh yes, and is everything okay for you?" I was like, "Well, not really." Then I explained that my hair was blunt and needed some shape like the pictures I had shown her the night before. They had me come in at 12:30 to have it fixed.
The girl who cut it today was like night and day from the other girl. She used three different pairs of scissors and took her time and the results were excellent. Obviously, it's a bit shorter than I'd like because of what she started with, but the cut is really good. They didn't charge me a dime and I thanked the girl profusely and gave her a big tip. Sometimes persistence pays off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are you going to show us a pict of the new cut??