Sunday, February 1, 2009

Fairly Quiet Weekend

Nothing much to report this weekend -

Had some friends over for drinks on Friday night. We had wine, beer, pizza, and lively conversations. I had a great time.

Yesterday I saw 'Rachel Getting Married' at the Screen Cinema. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but I do think Anne Hathaway is a good actress. She can play nice normal characters and messed up ones too, like in this film.

After the movie, we ate lunch at Bewley's - pasta with smoked salmon. Then we went to Janelle's apartment to wait for the gig at Whelan's. A former colleague's band was playing there at 10. This time we bought ear plugs, which paid off - no ear-ringing whatsoever after the show.

Today I stayed in most of the day doing laundry and watching movies. I had recorded 'Volver' on my DVR and it turned out to be pretty good. I also watched 'Amelie' this weekend to get me in the mood for my upcoming trip to Paris. I had forgotten just how good that movie was!

No comments: