Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday is Movie Day!

After some delicious eggs benedict at a restaurant not far from my apartment, today I saw a movie called 32A with a couple of friends. It's an Irish movie about 4 teenaged girlfriends. It was very cute. It won some Irish film awards. I feel I am more educated now about being an Irish kid in the 70s. It doesn't seem too much different from the 70s in America except they listened to cooler music.

After the movie, we went shopping at Penney's and Tesco. We went out of the mall using the wrong exit and ended up climbing down a steep hill with all our shopping bags to get back to the LUAS. It was a fun little adventure. I was happy to have not been caught in the rain - third Sunday in a row!

I have been experimenting with more baking this weekend. The chocolate cake I made last weekend turned out far better than what I ended up with last night. I tried to make a 'Neiman Marcus cake' (whatever that is) and the ingredients were cake mix, butter, cream cheese, eggs and icing sugar (two different layers). The recipe reminded me of ooey gooey bars but what I ended up with was cake and cream cheese mush. I halved the recipe and put it in a round cake tin, so I'm hoping that was the problem. It's pretty weird. So tonight I have to bake again for this guy's birthday tomorrow at work, and I have no idea what to bake yet. I'm thinking since I have enough leftover ingredients for the Neiman Marcus cake I may just try that again. If it doesn't work right then I can at least say I tried.

That was my weekend.

No comments: