Sunday, September 28, 2008

Crazy Country Roads

I forgot to mention yesterday, while I was on my drive in the country I encountered a beast of the small and crazy kind... I was on one of those great narrow winding Irish roads and I saw something in the street in the distance. At first I thought it was a rabbit, but as I approached I saw it was a little dog. I slowed down to a snail's pace since there as no one behind me and nearly stopped to see if the little guy was okay, because he was really in the middle of the road. Well, the little devil started baring his teeth and fiercely barking at me! So I started trying to move the car on past the crazy thing and he ran TOWARD the car!! I heard a THUMP and screeched to a halt thinking I had killed the poor thing, but immediately heard more barking. Not yelping; more crazy barking. Then I couldn't see him at all and was afraid to move, but cars were approaching from behind me so I had to creep to a very slow start and move on. As I made my way further down the road, I checked my rear view mirror and didn't see a dead dog, so I felt okay about it but still a bit creeped out with my heart racing. What a weirdo!!! I feel sure that even though I didn't kill him, he must have died by the end of the day hanging out in the street like that. Dumb dog.

No comments: