Sunday, August 31, 2008

M&M Day

Museum and Movie Day! As I made my way to the National Museum on Kildare Street, I stumbled across an Indian Festival where I heard lots of chanting and then saw this Hare Krishna float. They even held up a sign teaching how to sing the chant.

I arrived at the museum, which wasn't too crowded at first. I was soon joined by tourists as I wandered around looking at artifacts from prehistoric, medeival and Viking Dublin. Amongst the gold and the arrowheads and other artifacts, on display they had bodies that had been found in bogs around Ireland - you should do a search on google image for bog bodies. The preservation that occurs in that natural environment is quite interesting.



After the museum, I went to the movies to see Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it was okay for an hour and a half. Outside of the movie theater, there is a sculpture called "Mr. Screen." Here he is.

It was a nice day and I was glad to get some culture and have a nice stroll on a pretty day.

No comments: