Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday Dinner

I had the most fabulous dinner experience on Thursday night. Several of my pals are out of town this weekend, so they decided we'd celebrate my birthday early. After work we took a taxi to Purple Ocean in Dun Laoghaire.


We were seated in the top of the restaurant, with the best view of everything around us. Although the bottom of the restaurant filled with guests later, we remained exclusively alone in the top room, feeling like royalty. We ate a four course dinner - I had a brie starter, sea trout for the main, a cappuccino and creme brulee for dessert. When they brought out the creme brulee, it had a candle in it and was delivered by our Polish waiter singing happy birthday. It was so cool!

I took a bunch of photos throughout the few hours we were there, because I was blown away by the beautiful view.



At the end of dinner, the manager brought a bag to me and said "happy birthday!" Inside the bag was a gift wrapped glass guardian angel, a gift from the restaurant. On the bus ride home, I must have said "What a great night!" about a hundred times.

1 comment:

Beth Whitehill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

When is your actual birthday? I Looove birthdays! I cannot believe the views from that place-hope the food was good as well.

Miss seeing you! Hope all is well.