Thursday, February 18, 2010

Leaving Dublin (Almost)

Well, the apartment is nearly empty and definitely clean. My bags are packed and ready to go. The cable company will be picking up my internet equipment very soon. And so I write my last blog from this great city. As my time in Dublin is coming to an end, I wonder will there be anything more to write about as I return to Florida. Is anyone even reading this anymore?!

The past two weeks have been the definition of bittersweet. Although I have had so much fun and laughed so much and made the most of my remaining time here, it has been sad to say goodbye to my colleagues that I have come to know and greatly admire. I have to hope I have led the way I wanted to, and helped to establish a firm foundation in our group here. I hope the people I've come to call friends have learned half as much from me as I've learned from them.

Looking back on two amazing years of travel and adventure has also made it hard to depart. I have seen unbelievable places and things that even just a few years ago I could never have imagined as possibilities. Will I still get around and see the world? It's hard to know.

However sad it may seem to leave, I can only say good things about this experience as a whole. It has been a bit of magic in my life, and I know how lucky I am to have had it. I am forever changed, I hope for the better!

1 comment:

Nik-kay said...

Dublin will miss you, but we're happy you're coming back to Jax!! Hurry home, Jen-nay!!