Saturday, October 10, 2009

Editors Gig

Well, I have fallen yet again. This time I fell at the Olympia Theatre whilst trying to find a good spot to see the band at the Editors gig on Thursday night. I'd been looking forward to the gig for months, and got there and just couldn't find a spot where tall people were not in front of me. It made me wonder if I should just stop buying concert tickets altogether, because that happens often. It's one of the many unfortunate things about being horizontally challenged. So I wandered around the narrow walkway around the outside of the crowd, being ushered out of the way several times by the bouncers. I slipped on the super-slick floor and fell right on my bad knee - well, let's be honest, they're BOTH bad knees. I fell on the one I tore up in Paris. It doesn't appear to be severe, just some slight swelling and some denim burn, but the humiliation burned worst of all. I had two bouncers helping me up and then they followed me around for a few seconds while I got my bearings until I shooed them away. Then I walked outside to avoid falling again, and saw about 6 or 7 rats boldly scampering around in the smoking area, a sight which made me call it a night. The band had only played for about 45 minutes, but I was most definitely finished. It was a bad night, but I guess it could have been worse. I could have fallen amongst the rodent colony!

No comments: