Monday, March 2, 2009

Various Updates

This is a hodge podge of various things I have forgotten to mention and other current news:

- Mr. Happy the grumpy bus driver is missing. I haven't seen him since just after Christmas. I am concerned and too afraid to ask the other bus drivers.

- I forgot to buy a bus ticket on the 46A the other day. I still feel badly about it.

- When I checked into the B&B in Bruges, the owner told me the code for the front door, and that I needed to enter the number and then press the "bear." I was thinking, "Bear? What?!" Then she took me outside and showed me. My Japanese hostess was telling me to enter the number then press the BELL.

- If you want to see Bruges on video, check out the movie 'In Bruges' with Colin Farell. There are MANY dirty bad words during the film, but excellent footage of the town and even some bonus features solely focused on Bruges itself.

- Similarly, great Grafton Street (yes! in Dublin!) footage in the film 'Once.' And it's a great movie. Quite inspirational and not so many bad words.

- I saw a doctor today about my knee and she told me to see a physiotherapist first and see how it goes for the next few weeks rather than taking the next steps right away. More meds, but no codeine this time.

- I've had to take official steps to get my deposit back on my previous apartment. The horrible wretch hasn't paid me yet! Since it's been well over two months and getting closer to three, I have filed a case with the local tenancy board. Wish me luck. Nothing else has worked so far - he won't return my calls!!

That's all I can think of right now. I had a nice weekend. I saw Vicky Cristina Barcelona, which was very good and plenty of Barcelona scenes to help me reminisce about my trip in January. Cool! On Sunday I watched the football (soccer) game between Man United and Tottenham. It was pretty fun to watch, but Manchester won. The jerks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spent time in Bruges 2004 . It was like some place out of a fairytale . The canal boat trip saved me a trip to Venice.