Sunday, December 14, 2008

The New Place

What a weekend - I'm exhausted! It feels strange to sit down. The move itself was pretty easy. I ended up getting an upgrade for free from Enterprise, and although the parking at shopping centers for the rest of the weekend was a bit scary, it sure shortened the length of time it took to move my stuff. I had three *very nice* guys helping me out, and we got it transferred in two trips on Friday night. Sitting in traffic on Leeson Street was the longest part. By 2 AM on Saturday morning, I had found places for the majority of my belongings. It already looks like I've lived here for years. This place feels more like home, for some strange reason.

The rest of the weekend was a combination of Christmas and housewares shopping. I had to get a stepladder while I had proper transportation. I can't imagine lugging a stepladder two miles or so, much worse - getting it onto a bus or a tram! My kitchen cabinets and some of the storage closets are super high, though. The ladder is a definite necessity.

Oh, also - I almost forgot. I decided to do my first load of laundry in the new place. I washed some towels and was proud to have found the right settings. After the wash was finished, I dug out the manual because I couldn't find the dryer settings. I was shocked and apalled to find out I have a washing machine. Period. No dryer! I am not so sure I'd have moved in here if I'd known that before. Hang drying takes about 2 days at a minimum, and I'm sure towels will take even longer! I'll let you know. I have two bath towels and two tea towels hanging right beside the bathroom radiator.

Anyway, like I said, this place feels more like home, so I'm enjoying it despite the lack of a drying machine. Here are some photos.







2 comments:

Julie said...

That's funny about the W/D (minus the "D"). I noticed it's in the kitchen again.

Anonymous said...

Love how Lydia & Luke are on your mantel. The place looks great. Congrats!